Saturday, August 3, 2013

Importance of Sisterhood

I have the honor of being a part of the 2:1 Conference blog writer team.I wrote on the importance of sisterhood in our lives.  Please check out my post on their site below!
I have not always been a good friend.   I have not always valued and nurtured the friends that God has placed in my life.  I’m an introvert, and sometimes, I’d just rather be alone.
I have also been lazy.  Cultivating friendships takes work!  The busyness of life gets in the way of quality time.  Sometimes, I am too exhausted to be a good friend (or relative).  I have also been fearful.  I want to be accepted for who I am.
The truth is, we need those relationships with other women. God wants us to have friends.  Even if you have one girlfriend, it will be rewarding for you both.   Make sure that your friendships don’t overshadow or replace your family, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment